Setting notification preferences
This topic describes how to set notification preferences, which are defined on the Notifications tab of an individual's people record.
Alert is the Default notification method specified for all notification events on the NTE:CFG-Notification Events form. This default overrides the notification method specified on the CTM:People form. An AR System Administrator can change this, however, by specifying Email in the Remedy Notification Method field for each defined event on the NTE:CFG-Notification Events form.
To set notification preferences
- From the Application Administration Console, click the Custom Configuration tab.
- From the Application Settings list, choose Foundation > People > People, and then click Open. The People form appears.
- Search for the person.
- Select the person.
- On the Notifications tab, click Update Notification Preferences. The Notification Preferences form appears.
Notification Preferences form
- Click Create. The fields in the Notification Preferences form are cleared. Notification Preference entries are based on the information in the Module and Notification Event fields. You can use the support fields to further customize when a notification will be sent.
- Select the module for which to customize a notification, such as BMC Asset Management or the Problem Management feature of BMC Service Desk.
- Select the Notification Event for the customization. Notification events that are available vary based on the module you select.
- You can optionally further classify this event by selecting information in the support fields. For example, you can specify that assignment notifications be received for specific groups that the person is related to and not others.
- Select a status.
- Select Yes or Nofor the following required fields:
- In the Pager Notification field, select Yes to receive pager notifications for the specified event and module.
In the Use Business Hours and Use Business Holidays fields, select Yesto use business hours and holidays for notifications.
The Use Business Hours and Use Business Holidays fields should be used only for pager notifications.
- In the Individual Notifications field, select No if you do not want to receive individual notifications about assignments for the selected event and module.
- In the Group Notifications field, select No if you do not want to receive group notifications about assignments for your group for the specified event and module.
Select the notification method for the selected event and module. Your choices are as follows:
You do not want to receive any form of notification.
You will receive a notification through BMC Remedy Alert.
You will receive an email notification.
Clears the selection in this field.
A notification event can be used with pager notifications. For example, you can receive a pager notification and an email notification for a specified event and module.
Click Addto add this custom notification to the Notification Preferences table.
Custom notification preferences appear in the Notification Preferences table with User as the Notification Type. System-defined notification preferences have System Default as the Notification Type. System Default notification preferences cannot be modified or removed from the list. Custom notification preferences take precedence over the system defaults when the application determines how to send notifications to a person.
To make modifications to a customized notification preference, select the preference and then click Modify. To delete a notification preference, select the item to delete, and then click Delete.
Only fields on the right column of the Notification Event tab and for entries that have a Notification Type (column) of User can be modified.
- To add more notification preferences, repeat step 6 through step 12 until you have finished.
- Click Close.
To enable the Delete button in the Notification Preferences form after you have created a notification preference, click View next to Select a Mode.