Running the Initiate People synchronization
You run the People Synchronization utility from the Application Administration console. This is the first procedure in the People Synchronization process.
To run the synchronization
- Log on to the server that is running the BMC Remedy ITSM applications. Use a logon ID that has application administration privileges.
- From the navigation page on the Home Page, click Application Administration Console.
- From the console, click the Custom Configuration tab and then select Foundation > People > People Sync Console.
- Click Open to open the People Synchronization console.
- On the console, click Refresh Counts.
The following console fields are updated:
- # of Unreconciled People — The number of CTM:People records in the system that have not been reconciled. On these records, the Reconciliation Identity field equals 0.
- # of Production Persons — The number of BMC_Person Class records that have been reconciled to the BMC.ASSET production data set. If this field contains a value, it indicates either that an earlier upgrade has previously reconciled records, or that new records were created after the upgrade and reconciled automatically by the system.
- # of Sandbox Persons — The number of BMC_Person Class records that currently exist within the BMC.ASSET.SANDBOX dataset.
- # of Bulk Sandbox Persons — The number of BMC_Person Class records that currently exist within the BMC.ASSET.SANDBOX.BULK dataset.
- # of Asset People Records — The number of AST:AssetPeople records that refer to an association between a People record and an associated CI where the Person Role is equal to Used by.
- # of Dependency Records — The number of BMC_Dependency Class records that were created by the synchronization of an association made by the AST:AssetPeople form where the Person Role is equal to Used by.
- # of Sandbox CI's — The total number of records that currently exist within the BMC.ASSET.SANDBOX dataset. Any CI can use the Sandbox dataset for reconciliation. When you initiate the synchronization and run the Sandbox job, all records in the sandbox are processed by that job. This indicates approximately how many records will be processed for the given run.
- # of Production CI's ---The total number of records in the BMC.ASSET dataset.
- Click Initiate People Sync.
The Initiate People Sync process starts. This process identifies which records need to be synchronized by updating the SetForEscReconcilitation flag to Yes on all People records that have the Reconciliation Identity flag set to 0.
Leave the People Sync console open. You will refer to it while performing the next procedure.