Running an installation health check
You can use the Health Check utility, which is part of the BMC Remedy ITSM Maintenance tool, to run a post-installation health check on your files.
The health check uses a bill of materials (BOM) file from each BMC Remedy ITSM application to verify that the application forms and workflows that you chose to install were installed properly. The health check reports on any parts of the product that are broken.
In addition, you can run the BMC Remedy AR System Server Maintenance tool which performs the BMC Remedy AR System related health check. For information about running the BMC Remedy AR System health check, see Post-installation checks, in the BMC Remedy AR System documentation.
To run the BMC Remedy ITSM health check, first open the BMC Remedy ITSM Maintenance tool then run the health check as described in the following topics:
Opening the BMC Remedy ITSM Maintenance tool
To open the BMC Remedy ITSM Maintenance tool in a graphical user interface
- (Windows) Go to the <installationDirectory>\BMCRemedyITSMSuite\Utilities folder, and run the BMCRemedyITSMSuiteMaintenanceTool.cmd file.
- (UNIX) Go to the <installationDirectory>/BMCRemedyITSMSuite/Utilities directory and run the ./BMCRemedyITSMSuiteMaintenanceTool.sh file.
- (Product installation DVD) Run the tool from the utility directory.
To open the BMC Remedy ITSM Maintenance tool from the command line
- _(Windows)_From the <installationDirectory>\BMCRemedyITSMSuite\Utilities folder, run
- (UNIX) From the <installationDirectory>/BMCRemedyITSMSuite/Utilities directory, run
To learn about command-line options
To learn about available command-line options, use the
-? option when you run the command.
To run the Health Check
- In the BMC Remedy ITSM Maintenance tool, click the Health Check tab.
- Click Next on the Introduction screen.
Enter the BMC Remedy AR System server administrator name, password, TCP port number, and name alias; and click Next.
The progress screen displays the verification process of the post-installation checks. After the verification is complete, the Health Check Summary screen appears. This screen lists the check passed or check failed messages, based on the verification.
If a check fails, you can make the required changes for that component, then click the Previous button to run the checks again.
- (Optional) Click the View Log button on the Health Check Summary screen to view the logs available in the bmcremedyitsmsuite_configuration_log.txt file.
- Click Close to exit.
Where to go from here