Rerun the Prefix Manager in Hub and Spoke environments
If your system is configured for a Hub and Spoke environment, after you perform an upgrade to your BMC Remedy ITSM suite on the hub and spoke servers, you must rerun the Prefix Manager as described in the following procedure.
If you do not rerun the Prefix Manager, you wont be able to search for tickets or create new tickets that have the unique prefixes that you set up when you ran the Prefix Manager during the initial set up of the Hub and Spoke environment.
To rerun the Prefix manager
- Log into the AR System server that you are using for the hub server by way of the mid-tier, using an ID with administrator privileges.
Open the Objects list and search for the HNS:FormPrefixData form.
If you do not see the Objects list, enable the Objects List from the mid-tier configuration form. Click here for instructions about how to enable the Objects List.
- Open the HNS:FormPrefixData form in Search mode, then search for all records.
- Select all of the records.
- Choose Modify All, then change the value of the Prefix Changed field to
- Click Save. The contents of the Prefix Changed column change to
- From the Application menu on the ITSM Home page, select Administrator console > Application Administration console > Custom Configuration > Hub and Spoke > Configuration Settings > Prefix Manager.
- Confirm the Prefix Status field is
Nonefor all of the records.
- Click Update Form Prefix. The Prefix Manager reapplies the custom prefix that you set up when you ran the Prefix Manager during the initial set up of the Hub and Spoke environment. This can process can take a few minutes. When the update finishes, the contents of the Prefix Status column have changed to
- Restart the AR System server.
Repeat this procedure on each of your spoke servers.
When you finish rerunning the Prefix Manager successfully, make sure that you also:
- Flush your mid-tier.
- Flush your browser cache.