Preserving your customized join forms and related views
As of BMC Remedy ITSM 7.6.04, the field deletion driver scripts have been changed and fields are now deleted using the Cascade option. This option not only deletes referenced fields but it also deletes all associated fields in all join forms.
If you have created a customized join form that references a field on an existing BMC Remedy ITSM form that is going to be deleted, you will have to identify your customized join forms, export related views, and recreate the fields in your join forms following an upgrade. For information on recreating the fields, see Re-create fields for your customized join forms.
To identify the customized join forms and export related views
- Log in to the server using BMC Remedy Developer Studio.
- Within the AR System Navigator view, choose Server Name > All Objects > Forms and double-click on Forms to display the list of available forms on the server.
- Click on the Type table header to sort the list by form type.
- Review all forms of type "Join" and identify any forms that have been added that reference existing BMC Remedy ITSM forms. If a join form references another join form that references a BMC Remedy ITSM field, they must be identified as well.
- Right-click each of the identified forms in the list and select Export Form View....
- Enter a valid directory name and file name in the To File: field and click the Export button.
This exports all views on the form to the specified directory and file name.