Preparing your system to install the BMC Remedy AR System server and database
To prepare your system to install the BMC Remedy AR System server and database
- Back up your database and file system before you install.
If you are upgrading, back up your data, object definitions, and applications.
- Make sure that the server can be resolved to a server alias. If you are installing more than one server on a computer, make sure that each server has a unique server alias.
- Determine the ports that you will use.
- Check if you have installed Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (64-bit).
If Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (64-bit) is not installed, the installer checks for this version. If this version is not present, the installer installs the required version.
- Review the pre-installation considerations specific to UNIX and Microsoft Windows (for example, setting environmental variables).
The BMC Remedy AR System 8.1 documentation portal includes the following topics that you might find useful: