Mapping processes to BMC Remedy Service Request Management
BMC Remedy ITSM Process Designer integrates with BMC Service Request Management to generate and control the assignment and progression of tasks in BMC Service Request Management and Work Orders. When a process is selected in the service request definition (SRD), BMC Remedy ITSM Process Designer automatically generates tasks that correspond to each of the process steps.
To map a process to BMC Service Request Management
- Log on to BMC Remedy Action Request System as a user with permissions to create and update SRDs.
- From the Home page, from the Applications menu, select Service Request Management > Service Catalog Manager Console.
When creating a new SRD, select the process template that you want to assign to the service request by clicking the Select button. The Select Process dialog box appears.
For more information about how to create a new SRD, see Creating a standard SRD with the Service Request Definition form.
- Select the Use Designer Process check box to display a list of all processes in Live status, as defined in the BMC Remedy ITSM Process Designer client for your company.
- Click on the required process.
- Click Select, and then click Save to save the SRD.
The process template is associated with the SRD.
Ensure that the SRD is in Deployed state before you use it.