Issues with the ARID plug-in
If you see errors when tasks are created at runtime, or if you see failures when updating the Process Designer ARID Configuration, check the following:
- If the AR service was not re-started during the server install, re-start the service and try again.
- Check that the ARID plug-in entry in the ar.conf file is correct.
- Check that the ARID plug-in entry is correct.
- Check that the ARID.xml file has the correct format and that the path to the authentication file is valid.
- Check that the Process Designer ARID Configuration entry is correct, and that a valid path is entered for the aradminpass path.
- If file logging is enabled, make sure that the log file path/name is valid.
- Check that an ari.dat file exists in the location identified by the path in the Process Designer ARID Configuration entry. If it does not, enter the user name and password in the AID configuration entry and then click Update Password file.
If you make any of the previous changes, re-start the AR service before you try again.
If the Process Designer Java plug-in still does not work correctly, check the Java version that is currently used by the BMC Remedy plug-in server. The Process Designer plug-in must use Java version 1.6 or later. To check the version currently being used by the BMC Remedy plug-in server, locate the armonitor.cfg file (default location: C:\Program Files\BMC Software\AR System\Conf) on your AR System server.
Comment out any references to jre1.5 or earlier for the pluginsvr line in this file and replace them with the following entry:
"<javapath>" -Xmx512m -classpath "C:\Program Files\BMC Software\ARSystem\pluginsvr;C:\Program Files\BMC Software\ARSystem\pluginsvr\arpluginsvr7604_build002.jar" com.bmc.arsys.pluginsvr.ARPluginServerMain -x <servername> -i "C:\Program Files\BMC Software\ARSystem" -m
where <servername> is your server name and <javapath> is the location of your Java 6 runtime binaries (the default location is C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\java).
If you must modify this file, re-start the BMC Remedy service to pick up the change.