Installing BMC Atrium CMDB
You cannot install BMC Atrium CMDB on a remote AR System server. You must install BMC Atrium CMDB on the computer where BMC Remedy AR System is installed.
To install BMC Atrium CMDB on a single computer
- Download the BMC Atrium Core System installer from EPD, or navigate to the installation directory on the DVD.
- Unzip the installer.
- Navigate to the Disk 1 folder.
- Start the installer.
- For Windows, run setup.cmd.
- For UNIX, run setup.sh.
- In the Welcome panel, click Next.
- Review the license agreement, select I agree to the terms of license agreement, and then click Next.
- In the AR System Server Information panel, perform the following actions:
- Enter AR System username and password.
- Enter AR System port number and host name.
- Navigate to the directory in which you want to install BMC Atrium CMDB. The default locations are:
- For Windows: C:\Program Files\BMC Software\AtriumCore\
- For UNIX or Linux: /opt/bmc/AtriumCore
- Click Next.The installer validates the system resources of your computer.
- In the Install mode panel, select Install and click Next.
- In the BMC Atrium Installation Information panel, review the information and then click Next.
- In the Features panel, select only BMC Atrium CMDB, and then click Next.
- In the succeeding panels, enter the values from the planning spreadsheet.
- To run additional validation tests, in the Run Preinstall Health Check panel click Next .If you don't want to run the health check, select No, and then click Next.The health check is run after the installation.
- Installer validates the inputs. The Installation Preview panel appears, listing the product and product features that will be installed.
- Click Install.Installation summary is displayed.
- To verify the installation, click View Log. Verify and rectify if there are any SEVERE error messages or warnings in the product installer log.See if the errors are due to network, host, or other environment-related issues.You can also view a log file of the installation here:
- Click Done to exit the BMC Atrium Core installer.
- Restart the AR System server.
- Restart the BMC Remedy Mid Tier.
For example, restart the Apache Tomcat service if you are running Windows.