Enhancements to BMC Knowledge Management
- Updates to the console
- Email based approvals
- Create hyperlinks to other knowledge articles
- Create "bookmark" hyperlinks within knowledge articles
- Update to the multi-tenancy model
- Improved user experience
- Documentation updates
- Related topic
Updates to the console
Version 8.1.00 of the BMC Remedy ITSM Suite includes a number of console changes that simplify navigation:
- The Consoles menu is no longer available on the Knowledge Management console. As of version 8.1.00, the BMC Remedy ITSM application consoles can be accessed only from the Applications flyout menu.
- The Links menu is no longer available on the Knowledge Article form. As of version 8.1.00, options that were listed under Links are now available in the Functions menu.
Email based approvals
The page Version 8.1.00 does not exist.
For more information, see Configuring email-based approvals and Approving or rejecting knowledge articles via email.
Create hyperlinks to other knowledge articles
You can now create hyperlinks to other knowledge articles in a rich text field. For more information, see Inserting links.
Create "bookmark" hyperlinks within knowledge articles
You can now create hyperlinks to certain words or phrases in a knowledge article. You can use these hyperlinks to connect pieces of information in different rich text fields. For more information, see Inserting links.
Update to the multi-tenancy model
The update to the multi-tenancy model addresses issues related to row level security on the Company ID field (Field ID 112) and Vendor Assignee field (Field ID 60900), which were inaccurately set on the following forms:
- Main application transactional forms, for example, Help Desk, Problem, and Change
- Multi-tenant aware child forms of the main application transactional forms, for example, Assignment Log and Impacted Areas
- Join forms related to the forms mentioned in the preceding two bullets, for example, HPD:HelpDeskAssignmentLogJoin and CHG:CostAssociationJoin
The multi-tenancy update also updates data related to the updated forms.
If this is a first time installation of the BMC Remedy IT Service Management Suite, the update happens during the installation and is transparent to you.
If you are upgrading from an earlier version of the BMC Remedy IT Service Management Suite, the multi-tenancy update is handled by an interactive utility that is integrated with the upgrade installer. For information about installing the multi-tenancy model update during an upgrade, see Update to the multi-tenancy model.
Numerous updates have been made throughout BMC IT Service Management Suite to promote easier navigation and to improve the user experience. Key UI changes that affect common areas of the BMC ITSM Suite include:
The Application flyout menu on the IT Home page has been simplified by removing duplicate access points to applications and utilities.
When you sort the Overview console by clicking the column headers, the rows in the Overview console are no longer grouped first by request type. Instead, it is grouped first by the header on which you clicked. This is now consistent with the behavior of other tables in the BMC Remedy IT Service Management Suite.
You can now add columns to, or "extend" the Overview console. For instructions about how to do this, see: Extending the Overview console.
The BMC Remedy IT Service Management Suite 8.1.00 documentation portal includes end-to-end paths for new installation and upgrade. These paths are designed to lead you from-start-to-finish through a specific path.
- Installing the BMC Remedy ITSM Suite
- Installing BMC Remedy IT Service Management in a server group
- Upgrading with overlays already present
- Upgrading without overlays already present
- Migrating delta data after an upgrade