Enabling accessibility in Smart IT
In the universal client, enable accessibility to allow the use of screen reading software with Smart IT, and to enable enhanced keyboard access, such as the ability to use Tab to move through screens.
Accessibility is not supported in mobile clients.
Accessibility is supported in the following areas:
- Console (including filtering tickets, and adding and sorting columns)
- Create New options (for creating new incidents, work orders, and broadcasts)
- Dashboard (except for charts)
- Ticket details (including SLA milestones, chat, and email functionality)
Maps are not accessible by screen readers, and they cannot be enlarged. Accessible users cannot use the Smart Recorder or add custom fields on the Configuration tab.
BMC is working with an independent company to formally assess support for Section 508 and Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 in BMC Remedy with Smart IT version 1.0.01. For information about the results of this assessment, contact your BMC representative.
To enable accessibility
- In the universal client, tab to your name at the top of the screen and press Enter.
- From the menu, arrow down to Accessibility View and press Enter.