After you create the union field configuration data, create the mappings between the source forms and the union field. You repeat this procedure to create mappings for each of the source forms that you are using.
To create mappings
- Open the SHR:Union_DataSource_FieldMappings form in New mode.
- From the Implementation Area menu, select Overview Console.
- In the Source Form field, select the source form — for example, HPD:Help Desk.
From the Select Source Field menu, select Custom Character Field.
To ensure that you selected the correct field, verify that the source field ID matches the field name. The source field ID is used when building or rebuilding the union structure. If you select an incorrect source field, use the Select Source Field menu to select another field to populate the associated source field information.
- Using the Union Field Name menu, specify the CUSTOM_CHAR_FIELD for the union field name.
Use the Status field to set the status.
The default status value is Enabled. If you must exclude a mapping at a later time, but you want to keep it in the system, set the status to Offline. Offline mappings are ignored when the database union structure is built.
Do not change the default Record Type value, Custom. This value indicates that this record was added as a customization.
- Repeat this procedure, selecting Custom Selection Field as the source field in step 4, and CUSTOM_SELECTION_FIELD as the value for the Union Field Name field in step 5.