Creating a job
The Job Console allows you to create and manage jobs.
To create a job
- From the Applications list on the IT Home page, select Data Management > Job Console.
- On the Job Console click Create and the Job (New) window is displayed. Alternatively you can also access the Job (New) window by clicking Create Job under Job Functions in the navigation pane.
- In the Job (New) window, specify information about the job:
By default, the job must have a Draft status while it is being created.
- For Job Name, enter a descriptive name for the job. Specify a name for a job with maximum 60 characters. Do not include special characters and spaces.
- For Job Description, you can provide a brief description for the job.
- From the Company list, select the company associated with this job.
- In the Replace Case/Alias drop-down list, select one of the following values:
- Yes — The Validation step checks for aliases and replaces the alias values on the staging forms with the actual values based on defined alias mappings. Also, the Validation step checks for case insensitivity, and when found converts the letter case of values on staging forms for the supported data type fields so the case is the same as the case used for the values on the parent form.
- No — Turns off alias and case insensitivity checking.
The Job Owner field displays your User ID.
- To prevent the job, steps, and staging data from being automatically deleted, select the Override Delete check box. This selection overrides the settings chosen in your application preferences.
The Job ID field and the Create Date, Modified Date, and Last Modified By fields on the Date/System tab are updated by the system.
The Run Start Time and Run End Time fields on the Date/System tab will only be populated when your job is run. Use this information to determine how long it took for a job to run.