Configuring the CAIPluginRegistry form
Perform the following procedure to configure the CAI:PluginRegistry form to define and configure thread pools for specific commands. Thread pools for different commands are configured in the CAI:Commands form. For more information on the CAI:Commands form see, Defining command parameters.
Configuring thread pools defines dedicated CAI threads for use by the specific command. This ensures that requests from a command use only the dedicated threads, and performance of other command requests to the CAI is not affected.
To configure the CAI:PluginRegistry form
- In a browser, open the CAI:PluginRegistry form by opening the Application Administration Console, selecting the Custom Configuration tab, and selecting Foundation > Advanced Options > Command Automation Interface - PlugIn Registry.
- In the Private Queue # field, type the private queue number that you generated in Generating a private server queue.
- In the CAI Pool Configuration table, select any CAI pool and click View to edit the number of threads for the selected pool. To add a new pool, click Add, fill in the details, and click Save. This updates the total number of threads automatically. The pool that you created here will be used to configure the outbound messages and commands for a specific pool.
On the Commands form, you can configure one of the pool numbers that you defined in step 3. If the pool number is not defined, the default pool (#0) is used. For more information, see Defining command parameters.
- Ensure that the maximum number of threads that you specified in Generating a private server queue is less than the computed threads in step 3.
- In the Log Level drop-down list, select the desired level for the CAI plug-in log entries. The WARN level is the recommended default value.
- Click Close to save the entry, and close the CAI:PluginRegistry form.
- Restart BMC Remedy AR System so that CAI picks up the new private queue information.