Configuring performance enhancements for Data Management
This topic describes how can improve performance while you are loading over 1,000 records to a form.
Setting the Next Request ID Block Size to 40
The following procedure describes how to enhance performance by setting the Next ID Block Size to 40. This setting enhances performance when data is imported from the CSV files into the staging forms.
You can set this performance enhancement regardless of whether you configure multi-threading.
To set the Next Request ID Block Size
- Open the AR System Administration Console.
- Choose System > General > Server Information.
The Server Information window appears.
- Click the Configuration tab.
- Set the Next Request ID Block Size to 40.
- If you are configuring the BMC Remedy AR System server for multi-threading, continue with the next procedure, which is on this form. Otherwise, click OK to save your settings.
Using a private server queue with multi-threading
A private server queue with multi-threading enables multiple chunks of data to be processed at the same time. You can configure multiple threads to be run simultaneously, depending on how powerful your server is. Multi-threading is available for forms that include:
- People form and the child forms (for example, Work Info, Notification Preferences, Cost Centers, People Attributes).
- Transaction forms (for example, incident and the related forms: incident work info, reminders, broadcasts, incident financial information, and associations).
To configure the tool to use a private server queue
- Set the Next Request ID Block Size.
- Configure the BMC Remedy AR System server information for a private server queue. For more information, see Generating a private server queue. Use the following thread values in when using the Data Management tool:
Make sure that the Plug-in Loopback RPC Program Number is set to the private queue's RPC Program Number.
Min Threads setting
Max threads setting
- Configure the CAI:PluginRegistry form.
For more information, see Configuring the CAIPluginRegistry form.
The number of threads must be within the minimum and maximum number that you set for the Private server queue.
Use 16 threads when using the Data Management tool.