Configuring BMC Remedy ITSM applications
Before you can use the BMC Remedy ITSM Suite applications to manage your IT organization, you must add information about the various people, groups, skills, responsibilities, and geographic locations associated with your organization to the applications.
To add information to the BMC Remedy ITSM Suite applications, you must have the following prerequisites:
- Basic knowledge of BMC Remedy Action Request System (BMC Remedy AR System) administration tasks.
- You must configure the following information in the BMC Atrium CMDB before you can configure the BMC Remedy ITSM Suite. This information is required before you can add people.
- Product Categorization (optional)
- Site information
For more information about configuring Atrium, see Configuring after installation.
Getting started with configuring applications
The following information describes the high level steps that you follow to configure your BMC Remedy ITSM Suite.
Continuing with configuring applications
The following information lists the main configuration areas for the core BMC Remedy ITSM applications:
- BMC Remedy ITSM templates
- BMC Asset Management:
- BMC Change Management:
- BMC Service Desk
- Email Rule Engine (rules-based email or RBE)
- Incident Management feature of BMC Service Desk:
- Problem Management feature of BMC Service Desk:
See Using for information on using the BMC Remedy ITSM Suite applications.