Changing a user's login ID using the Data Wizard Console
In this scenario, a user's recent name change requires a change in that user's ID.
For more detailed information about using the Data Wizard Console, see Using the data wizard to modify data.
To use the data wizard to change a user ID
- From the Applications list on the IT Home page, select Data Management > Data Wizard. The Data Wizard Console opens.
- To determine how many records will be affected by the login ID update, run the count function in the data wizard and view the log after the count has completed.
- Select Count target values as the action you want to perform.
- Select Login ID as the type of data to be acted upon.
The following figure shows the Data Wizard Status Screen with the results log for the count operation.
Data Wizard console status screen showing the results log
- Depending on the number of records that will be affected, choose a time to perform the update. If a large number of records are affected, you might want to schedule the update to run in off hours.
In the example shown above two forms are affected: CTM: SupportGroupAssociation and CTM: SupportGroupFunctionalRole. Each form has two login IDs that have to be updated.
- Run the update function in the data wizard. The following figure shows the Update target values function and the Login ID data type selected. The second figure below shows the next screen with the Login ID details for the update specified.
Data Wizard console showing update for Login ID selection
Next screen showing Login ID details for the update
- View the resulting status and log to see how many records were updated.
The following figure hows the results screen after the Update Login ID function has run. The number of records updated for each form should match the count from step 2.
Results of the Update Login ID function
The individual can now sign in using the new login ID.