BMC Remedy ITSM Process Designer
BMC Remedy ITSM Process Designer is a tool that you can use to build and implement processes for requests such as change and service requests. BMC Remedy ITSM Process Designer contains the following components:
The following information is provided in this topic:
Important Process Designer functionality
BMC Remedy ITSM Process Designer provides a graphical interface for building processes that can be executed within BMC Remedy ITSM applications based on tasks, dependencies, decisions, and rules, without the need to develop new applications, customize existing applications, or customize or update multiple complex templates. BMC Remedy ITSM Process Designer is useful for systems that require multiple different processes and tasks depending on the type of request.
BMC Remedy ITSM Process Designer also provides the following functionality:
- A Process Tracker to view the status and history of each instance of the process
- Release management with full auditing and rollback capability
- Decision tree support and a data entry wizard
- Full integration with the out-of-the-box BMC Remedy ITSM applications and custom-built applications
- Import and export capability for migrating processes between servers
Using BMC Remedy ITSM Process Designer with BMC Remedy ITSM provides the following benefits:
- Processes that fit your business — You can design and implement processes that fit your business without having to customize the existing out-of-the-box applications.
- Understand and review the processes easily — You use the graphical format to build and review processes in exactly the way that they are implemented.
- Faster deployment at lower cost — You can use a simple graphical interface to implement processes without having to customize BMC Remedy ITSM applications.
- Reduced support and upgrade costs — BMC Remedy ITSM Process Designer helps reduce time and effort to support the BMC Remedy ITSM applications because no additional development or customization is needed.
- Streamlined processes — BMC Remedy ITSM Process Designer enables automation of processes by implementing automated actions and approvals.
- Adherence to management, compliance, and audit requirements — The Process Diagram and Process Tracker provide a diagrammatic view of the process and its current status, and a historical flow of every transaction through the process.
- Simplified user interface — You can build decision trees quickly to provide a simplified user interface for the data required to support processes.
- Automated, built-in version control — Processes are automatically version-stamped, which enables you to easily roll back to or report usage of earlier versions.
BMC Remedy ITSM Process Designer consists of the following features:
- Version control
- Process automation
BMC Remedy ITSM Process Designer uses version numbers to provide configuration management of processes. Every process template is automatically assigned a unique version number, which helps you to restore to earlier versions of the template when you perform testing.
BMC Remedy ITSM Process Designer provides full automation of service management processes, which helps eliminate the overhead of manual work and improve the efficiency and accuracy of component activities. You can define business rules in BMC Remedy ITSM Process Designer that are required to automate each step in an individual process. BMC Remedy ITSM applications interpret these business rules at runtime and use them to automatically process each step without the need for manual intervention.
You can automate a chain of process steps that ultimately can automate the complete process, letting the users manage exceptions and nonstandard requests.
Process Designer documentation
Current customers of BMC Remedy ITSM Process Designer can use the information in the following table to locate content in the online documentation that was previously provided in PDF format. In many cases, the content has been distributed among several sections in the BMC Remedy IT Service Management space, depending on the task being performed.
BMC Remedy IT Service Management Process Designer Concepts Guide
BMC Remedy IT Service Management Process Designer Installation Guide
BMC Remedy IT Service Management Process Designer User Guide
BMC Remedy ITSM Process Designer Configuration Guide