You can manually create and modify your own spreadsheets, but sometimes generating a spreadsheet might be more efficient (for example, when you must add a number of new forms with many fields to an existing spreadsheet).
When you autogenerate a spreadsheet, you select from a list of available load forms (BMC Remedy AR System forms). After you generate the spreadsheet, these forms appear in the spreadsheet as tabs. You can also customize the fields that appear as columns in the generated spreadsheet.
To automatically generate spreadsheets
- To automatically generate spreadsheets, click Create in the Spreadsheet Management window.
- Enter the required information and select the Custom Template spreadsheet type in the details for your spreadsheet.
Your spreadsheet description should not exceed 30 characters as the spreadsheet name cannot exceed 30 characters.
- Click Save, filter the spreadsheets table to find your record, and highlight it.
- Click Generate.
- In the Autogenerate Spreadsheet window, select forms from the Available Forms (load forms) list to populate the Selected Forms list. These forms appear in the spreadsheet as tabs.
- To customize the fields, click Field Selection and make the required field selections. These fields appear in the spreadsheet as columns. You can choose to perform the following tasks:
- Select True in the Cond. Req column for a field to make the field a conditional required field (appears as orange in the spreadsheet). You must click the Save icon to save this change.
- Keep the default of False in the Cond. Req column for a field, which means that the field will be required (appears as green in the spreadsheet) or optional.
- Add a custom field by selecting from the drop-down list and clicking Add.
- Click Generate Spreadsheet. To view the generated spreadsheet, click Download.