Applying out-of-the-box templates to a job
BMC provides you with out-of-the-box templates to enable you to quickly create jobs. You can copy these templates to customize them to your needs, and save them to be used later.
For information about copying templates, see Creating customized job templates.
For a description of the templates that are provided, see Out-of-the-box job templates.
Before you begin
- Ensure that you have created a job. For more information, see Creating a job.
- Ensure that you have the source data in Microsoft Excel spreadsheets.
To apply out-of-the-box template to a job
- Open the job to which you want to apply the template by navigating to Applications > Data Management > Job Console.
- To make the out-of-the-box template available for selection, perform the following steps:
- In the Steps panel, click the Create arrow and select Using BMC Templates.
- In the Job Template dialog box, select the required template and click Select.
Complete the Load step by uploading the source data file to the template.To complete the Load step
- On the Steps panel, click the arrow preceding Load to expand the Load step.
- Select the required template and click View.
- In the Load Parameters section of the Step Details tab, from the attachments table, select the Data Load File Copy row and click Add.
- In the Add Attachment dialog box, browse to the source data file and click OK.
- Save the job.
After the job is saved successfully, change the status of the job to Built.To change the job status
- Click the job ID on the breadcrumb bar.
On the Job Details tab, change the Status to Built and save the job.
- Click Run to run your job immediately, or Job Schedule to run the job at a future time.
Where to go from here
You can either use out-of-the-box templates or create customized steps to run your job. For more information see Creating customized jobs.