Downloading the BMC Remedy IT Service Management application installation files
This topic explains how to obtain the files and the documentation that you need for installing the BMC Remedy IT Service Management applications. If you are installing the entire BMC Remedy IT Service Management suite, including BMC Remedy AR System, BMC Atrium, and so on, see Downloading the BMC Remedy IT Service Management Suite installation files.
The topic provides information about:
The following table lists the files used to install the BMC Remedy IT Service Management applications.
You might have some or all of these products installed at your site. If so, compare the versions of your installed products to the versions that are listed in this table. If you are already using a version that is listed in the table, do not reinstall that product.
BMC Remedy IT Service Management
Hyperlink on EPD page
Files downloaded from hyperlink
BMC Remedy ITSM Applications (Service Desk/Change Management/Asset Management/Knowledge Management) Version 8.0.00
Offline Documentation - BMC Remedy ITSM Applications (Service Desk/Change Management/Asset Management/Knowledge Management) Version 8.0.00
To download the installation files from the EPD site
Create a directory in which to place the downloaded files.
On Microsoft Windows computers, ensure that the directory is only one level into the directory structure. The EPD package creates a directory in the temporary directory when you extract the files, and the directory that contains the installation image should not be in a directory deeper than two levels into the directory structure.
- Go to http://support.bmc.com.
- At the logon prompt, enter your user ID and password, and click Submit.
- On the Export Compliance and Access Terms page, provide the required information, agree to the terms of the agreements, and click Continue.
- If you are accessing this site for the first time, create an EPD profile to specify the languages and platforms that you want to see, per the EPD site help; otherwise, skip to step 6.
- Verify that the correct profile is displayed for your download purpose, and select the Licensed Products tab.
- Locate the entry for BMC Remedy IT Service Management Suite.
- Under the BMC Remedy IT Service Management Suite entry, locate BMC Remedy IT Service Management Suite 8.0.00, and expand its entries.
- Select the check boxes next to the files that you need to download according to the table located earlier in this topic. For example:
- To download the selected items, click Download (FTP) or Download Manager:
- Download (FTP) places the selected items in an FTP directory, and the credentials and FTP instructions are sent to you in an e-mail message.
- Download Manager enables you to download multiple files consecutively, and to resume an interrupted download if the connection drops. This method requires a one-time installation of the Akamai NetSession Interface client program on the target computer and is usually the faster and more reliable way to transfer files. A checksum is used to verify file integrity automatically.
- Extract the contents of the files that you have downloaded to the directory created in step 1. For example, the files downloaded for BMC Atrium Core 8.0.00 are as follows:
- (Windows) TBD.win.zip
- (Linux) TBD.linux.tar.gz
The following lists of related, supporting documentation are organized by how you access or obtain the documents.
The following is a list of BMC online documentation that supports BMC Remedy IT Service Management Suite.
Downloadable from the EPD website
The following is a list of documentation that supports BMC Remedy IT Service Management Suite and that is available to download in zipped PDF format from the EPD website.
- Online Help - BMC Remedy ITSM Applications (Service Desk/Change Management/Asset Management/Knowledge Management) Version 8.0.00
- Online Help - BMC Service Request Management Version 8.0.00
Where to go from here
Carefully review the System requirements for your platform and other tasks necessary for Setting up the installation environment. You must perform these tasks before you launch the installation program.
For installation instructions, review the following procedures to determine which is the most appropriate for your environment: