Leveraging the out-of-the-box IT services
BMC provides an out-of-the-box IT content pack that offers services for common IT-related queries. These ready-made services can be up and running for your end users with minimal configuration. If required, the content pack provides flexible and powerful ways to customize the services easily with reusable questionnaires, templates, and workflows.
The content pack contains various components such as an IT portal to submit the services, foundation data, approval workflows, fulfillment workflows, and work order templates that are required for the end-to-end resolution of a service request.
The content pack spans the following products:
- AR System server—To include foundation data.
- BMC Helix Digital Workplace—To publish the services, to customize the IT portal if required, and to use the IT portal to submit the service requests.
- BMC Helix ITSM—To work on incidents and work orders.
- BMC Helix CMDB—To get Configuration Items (CIs) with services.
Content pack benefits
- Ready-made services such as fix or repair an asset or a service, order new PC, and application access request to quickly implement in your organization.
- Quickly extend or modify the services to suit your business processes.
- Easily rebrand and customize the IT portal for your end users.
- Faster ROI by reusing BMC provided questionnaires, advanced approval workflows, and fulfilment workflows.
Content pack services
The following BMC Helix Digital Workplace Catalog native services are provided in the content pack:
- Fix or Repair
- Order New PC
- PC Refresh
- Guest WiFi
- Create User Account
- Application Access Request
To learn more about each service, see Out-of-the-box IT services.
Content pack scenario
Roles required to leverage the content pack
The following roles are required to leverage the content pack in your organization:
To get more information about the IT content pack , refer to the following questions and their responses:
- If you are a SaaS customer, contact BMC Customer Support to deploy the content pack in your environment. The content pack is deployed in the development environment.
- If you are an on-premises customer, visit Task 1: Getting the IT content pack for details.
Yes. You can customize the content pack to suit your business requirements. We recommend that you create a copy of the services and workflows before modifying it.
You should have access to BMC Helix Digital Workplace Catalog and the Studio capability before using the content pack.
Yes. We provide content packs for different lines of business. See Helix Solutions content for more details.