Extending access to additional CI people organization relationships
On the People tab, CIs support the following relationships to people organizations:
- Approved by
- Created by
- Managed by
- Owned by
- Supported by
- Used by
The Supported by and Used by relationships add the appropriate company to field 112 to add access to the CI.
To add access for companies based on other relationships, such as Managed by, as an administrator, you can perform the customization described in this section, by considering the following caveats:
- Relationships that were created before you make the customization are not affected. Only relationships that are created after you make the customization are affected.
For example, if the CI for a server is already configured as Managed by Calbro Support, when you make the customization, users with access to Calbro do not have access to the CI unless you re-create the relationship.
- This customization might be reset after a installing a patch or upgrading.
After installing a patch or upgrading, you must verify this customization.
- Removing this customization does not remove the access that was granted by the use of this customization.
To extend access to additional CI people organization relationships
- Open your browser and go to the following URL to open the SYS:Association Types form:
- Select the appropriate Relationship Type and click Search.
Change the values of the Row-Level Access Enabled field to Yes, and click Save. No other changes are needed.
The following table describes the fields in the Configuration Management Relationship Type Specifications section:
Relationship type configuration Behavior
Contact Access Permitted
If you select Yes, BMC Helix ITSM provides write security to the support group based on the role such as Supported by.
For more information, see .
Row-Level Access Enabled
If you select Yes, BMC Helix ITSM provides row-level security.
For more information, see Access control with implicit groups: Row-level security.
Copy CI IA to Change
If you select Yes, you must copy AST:Impacted Areas to the change request when you relate CI with a change request.
Copy CI IA to Incident
If you select Yes, you must copy AST:Impacted Areas to the incident request when you relate CI with an incident request.