Configuring the Notification Engine
The Notification Engine provides a back-end workflow model for defining which notifications should be sent, based on events in a BMC Helix ITSM application. This section describes the major components and process flow of the BMC Helix ITSM Notification Engine. After you understand how all of the pieces work together, you can change the default configuration or make any necessary customization to meet your organization's needs.
To improve performance and scalability, the Notification Engine improves group notification processing and processes all notifications asynchronously.
Support staff use the People form to define which notifications they want to receive. Predefined notifications can be turned on or off.
The Notification Engine provides the following primary functions:
- Determines notification recipients (group or individual)
- Specifies the notification text
- Initiates the notification delivery (email or pager)
- Logs the notification details
This section contains the following topics:
- Notification Engine interface and process control
- System Events and Message Catalog for the Notification Engine
- Notifications for Asset Management and Change Management
- Disabling notifications
- BMC Helix ITSM notification events
- Configuring default notification preferences
- Configuring and extending Notification Engine escalation pools
- Configuring the BMC Helix ITSM Notification Engine threads count