Configuring default notification preferences
Individual Notification preferences are configured on the CTM:People form for each support person. Notification preferences vary by application or module, such as BMC Helix ITSM: Asset Management and BMC Helix ITSM: Change Management, and by event, such as asset scheduled maintenance. Default notification preferences are predefined for each module and event. If the default setting does not meet your needs, you can turn off a notification by setting Notification Availability to No. You can set the notification language for each notification message.
User notification preferences override system notification preferences.
To globally modify system default settings
- Open the NTE:CFG-Notification Events form and perform a global search for all records in the system.
- To specify a default notification method for all users, select the appropriate value from the AR System Notification Mechanism menu (for example, Alert).
If this value is left blank, the Default Notification Mechanism specified on the user's People record is used.
- To turn off group notifications (that is, send a notification only when an individual assignee is specified), set the Group Notifications flag to No.
This settings can be overridden individually by queue managers so that they are the only users to receive notifications when no individual assignee is specified.
- Save your changes to the records.
To modify notification message text
The message text for predefined notifications is stored in the SYS:Notification Messages form. Each message is uniquely identified by the combination of Notification Message Tag and Locale.
Modify the content of the fields listed in the following table:
Email Subject Line
Contains the text included in the subject line of an email notification.
Email Message Body
Contains the text included in the body of an email notification.
Controls whether notifications are sent:
- Offline: Notifications not sent.
- Enabled: Notifications are sent.
- Use field variables in the notification message text fields by enclosing them in #.
The message text is translated by workflows. Using field variables in notification messages other than the default text requires customization to create the corresponding translation workflow.
- Define other settings as needed (for example, Proposed).
- Configure the notification text for different companies by creating a new record with the same Message tag and selecting the Company from the menu.
You should not modify the fields within the Mapping section of this form. The notification system uses these mappings to identify what message to send, how to send the message, and when it should send it. Your changes can break the workflow.
To configure support group notifications
By default, the system sends notifications to each member of a support group. When configuring the support group notifications, you can choose to configure the system to send notifications to a support group email distribution list, instead of to individuals within a group.
The Notification Engine uses the same asynchronous process for both group and individual notifications.
To map companies to outgoing mailboxes
Use the NTE:Config-EmailMailbox form to map companies to specific outgoing mailboxes. This enables you to send company-specific email notifications from workflows through these mailboxes.
- Open the NTE:Config-EmailMailbox form.
- Click New request.
- Enter the following information in the fields:
- Message Type—is set to Outgoing by default.
- Mailbox Name—Select the outgoing mailbox name that is configured in Email Mailbox Configuration form.
- Company—Select the company name to which you want to map to the mailbox selected for Mailbox Name.
All outgoing emails for this particular company use this outgoing mailbox.
- Status—Select Enabled.
- Click Save.
If you do not make these settings, AR System uses the default mailbox. For information on other configurations related to outgoing mailboxes, see Configuring outgoing mailboxes .
Log in or register to comment.