As a developer, you can refer to the information in this section to use the application interfaces associated with BMC Helix ITSM to enable external applications, such as web services or REST APIs, to create, modify, and search for tickets within the BMC Helix ITSM applications.
To take full advantage of the information presented, you should have a working knowledge of Action Request System and the BMC Helix ITSM application common foundation.
Web services information is provided for the following applications:
- BMC Helix ITSM: Service Desk: Incident Management
- BMC Helix ITSM: Service Desk: Problem Management
- BMC Helix ITSM: Asset Management
- BMC Helix ITSM: Change Management and Release Management
One of the design requirements for BMC Helix ITSM is that all applications and modules must provide defined interfaces for integration purposes. These interfaces abstract the third-party applications that integrate with the BMC Helix ITSM applications and modules.
The common model for interface forms is to use display-only forms to manage the creation of records and relationships, and to use join forms to manage queries and modify actions. In addition to the interface forms, web services are provided for most of the applications. The web services interfaces are a layer on top of the interface forms, and provide the basic define, modify, and query capability to the applications and modules. This section provides the following information:
- Descriptions of inputs and outputs for the interface form.
- Descriptions of the web services inputs and outputs, which provide a real working example of how to use the interface forms.