Removing leading zeroes from a ticket ID
After you install Smart IT, you can remove the leading zeroes from ticket IDs. Removing the leading zeroes improves the readability of the ticket ID and searchability of tickets.
To remove the leading zeroes, you can create an overlay on the pertinent Ticket Num Generator form in Developer Studio and set the input length as 1. For example, an incident ID could be INC000000000096. After performing the steps in this procedure, when you create a new incident, the new incident has the ID INC97.
You can remove the leading zeroes from a ticket ID by creating an overlay on the following forms:
- HPD:CFG Ticket Num Generator
- PBM:CFG KE TicketNumGenerator
- PBM:CFG PI TicketNumGenerator
- CHG:CFG Ticket Num Generator
- RMS:CFG Ticket Num Generator
- SRM:CFG TicketNumGenerator
- WOI:CFG TicketNumGenerator
Before you begin
Ensure the following:
- You have installed the latest version of BMC Helix ITSM.
- The AR System server is up and running.
- You have administrator privileges.
To create an overlay in Developer Studio
- In Developer Studio, create an overlay on the Ticket Num Generator form. You create an overlay on any of these forms.
Example: CHG:CFG Ticket Num Generator
- Create an overlay of the Request ID field (Field ID: 1)
Click the Properties tab for the field overlay, and modify the following properties:
Others > Overlay Type
Overwrite Input Length 1
- Save the form.
- Navigate to the Mid Tier Configuration Tool and use the Sync Cache option.