Receiving BMC Helix ITSM broadcasts in RSS Feeds and on Twitter
BMC Helix ITSM integrates RSS feeds and Twitter notifications with the BMC Helix ITSM applications. Users can these tools to collaborate with IT support users, such as Service Desk agents, or as additional notification options.
The integration with Twitter enables users to receive BMC Helix ITSM notifications directly to their Twitter accounts. Users can follow the functional BMC Helix ITSM Twitter notification account.
To subscribe to RSS feeds
BMC Helix ITSM enables users to broadcast certain events by using the Broadcast Messages functionality. BMC Helix ITSM integration with RSS feed enables access to specific BMC Helix ITSM information by using an RSS reader as an alternative mechanism. Administrators can configure different RSS feeds to which users can subscribe to. Out of the box, an RSS feeds for Global Public Broadcast messages is provided.
For additional information about configuring RSS feeds, see Defining RSS feeds.
On the IT Home page, click the RSS feeds icon.
When prompted, enter your AR System password and enter the authentication string, if applicable, in the Authentication text box.
For details about authentication string, see .
A list of configured RSS feeds is displayed.
- Copy the URL of the RSS feed that you want to add to your RSS feed client (for example, Microsoft Outlook RSS feeds).
- Replace the user name and password in the URL with the appropriate values.
You are now subscribed to receive updates for the selected RSS feeds.
To follow ITSM notifications on Twitter
The Twitter integration enables IT support users to propagate public and global BMC Helix ITSM broadcast messages to a Twitter account so that users who follow the account receive the messages. The Twitter account must be configured before users can receive updates. Out of the box, this feature is supported only for broadcast messages that are Public and provided for the Global company.
- The functional BMC Helix ITSM notification account must be created in Twitter, and configured and authenticated, before users can follow the account.
- Users must have a Twitter account that can receive the BMC Helix ITSM notifications.
On the IT Home Page, click the Twitter icon.
If the Twitter icon is not displayed, make sure that you configured the Twitter integration and enabled the Twitter notification functionality (see Configuring the Twitter integration).
- If you are not logged on to the Twitter account, the logon screen is displayed.
- Log on to Twitter using your account details.
The Twitter website is opened in a new browser window with the Twitter account that was configured for the broadcast.
- On the displayed Twitter page, click Follow to receive broadcast messages posted to this BMC Helix ITSM Twitter notification account.