Preventing a record from being archived
When you archive a ticket, the ticket is removed from the production environment and sent to offline storage where it is unavailable for viewing to most end users. However, you can exclude records from the archiving process (for example, sample transactional data) by selecting the Do Not Archive check box as described in the following procedure. Anyone with update permissions for the ticket can select this option.
The Do Not Archive check box is available only on records with one of the following statuses:
- Closed (BMC Helix ITSM: Change Management, BMC Helix ITSM: Service Desk)
- Retired, Cancelled, or Closed Version (Knowledge Management)
- Cancelled or Closed (BMC Service Request Management)
To prevent a record from being archived
- Open the record that you want to exclude from the archive.
- Open the tab that contains the check box, according to the following list:
- Date/System tab (BMC Helix ITSM: Change Management, BMC Helix ITSM: Service Desk, BMC Service Request Management, or Work Order)
- Dates and Costs tab (BMC Service Request Management or Service Request)
Under the System Information group, select Do Not Archive.
- Click Save.
If later you decide that the record can be archived, clear the Do Not Archive check box, and the record will be included in the next run of the archive process.