Applying system settings
Use the Schema Sort form to customize the sort order of AR System forms for your database. This form is used primarily during installation to select the sort order of forms according to the kind of database that you have installed. You can also configure general and AR System settings such as Tenancy mode, Application Permission Model, Notifications for Twitter and RSS Feed, and Data Management Load file Path.
To customize the database sort order
- From the Application Administration Console, select Custom Configuration > Foundation > Advanced Options > System Configuration Settings - Application Database Sort Order, and then click Open.
- Search for all records by entering % without specifying any search criteria and click Search.
Set the custom sort order options.The default sort order options can be used in most cases.
- In the Functions area, from the Sort Order Type list select either the MSSQL or the Oracle_PostgresSQL option.
- Click Modify All.
In the message box that appears, click Yes to confirm.
You will see the changed sort order after you restart AR System server.
To modify system settings
- To give individuals access to information in BMC Helix ITSM, you must give them access to specified companies or select Yes for the Unrestricted Access field on the Login/Access Details of the People form.
- The Openfire Chat plug-in of AR System works only on browser versions that support Adobe Flash. We recommend that you use Smart IT Openfire Chat for agent to agent communication.
- From the Application Administration Console, select Custom Configuration > Foundation > Advanced Options > System Configuration Settings - System Settings, and then click Open.
To enable the option to define unique prefixes for records, select Enable User Defined Prefix.
This option is used in a distributed environment in which records are generated by two or more servers and duplicate records might be generated. When you select this option, you also have to define the unique prefix as described in Configuring forms to use DSO unique prefixes. For example, by default incident records are prefixed with INC (INC000000314355).
Best practiceYou might want to configure another server to create incident records with a prefix of IMT (IMT000000314355) to avoid duplicate records.
- To restrict a user's access to only one company's information, select Single-Tenancy in the Tenancy Mode field, and then select the company to which the user should have access.
This restriction is useful, for example, if you have outsourced some IT functions in your organization and want to restrict a third-party vendor to information that belongs to them.
To see the attachment icon on the ticket form, select the Enable Attachment option.
Provide the appropriate ticket data access.
When you modify the permission model, the changes are applicable to the existing tickets as well. You do not need to restart the server for the changes to take effect.
To individuals and support groups referenced on the ticket, in the Applications Permission Model field, select Support Group.
To individuals, support groups, and companies relevant to the ticket, select Support Group and Company in the Applications Permission Model field.
- To integrate BMC Helix ITSM with Proactive Service Resolution, you must enter the CMDB sign-in credentials in the User Name, Password, and CMDB URL fields.
This system setting allows ITSM to access CMDB. For more details, see .
- Make any other changes, and then click Save.