Relating task templates with incident templates
You can associate task or task group templates to an incident template. This allows incidents to be populated automatically with a set of standard tasks that you need to complete to resolve the incident request.
When you create an incident template for email connectivity that has Incident Type set to User Service Request, you can relate the following tasks with the incident template:
- Checking the internet connectivity
- Verifying if the username and password is correct
- Checking if the SMTP connectivity is working properly
- When you create an incident template for vulnerability management that has Incident Type set to Security Incident, you can relate the following tasks with the incident template:
- Performing preliminary incident analysis
- Taking a backup of all critical systems data
- Disconnect the compromised system from the network
To relate the task or task group template to the incident template
When a user with incident master or incident submitter permission uses the incident template to create an incident, the tasks or task groups in the incident template are automatically available in the created incident.
- From Application Administration Console, click the Custom Configuration tab.
- From the Application Settings list, select Incident Management > Template > Template, and then click Open.
- In the Incident Template Selection dialog box, select an incident template, and click View.
- In the Incident Template window, click the Task Templates tab.
The tab displays the tasks and task groups related to the template, along with any child tasks of the selected task group. From the tab, you can:
- Select a task, and then click View to display tasks already added to the template.
- Select a task, and then click Remove to remove tasks from the template.
Select child tasks, and then click View to display these tasks.
- Select the required value from the Request Type drop-down menu (for example, Task Template).
- To add a task or task group to your template, click Relate.
The Select Template dialog box appears, where you can only view the task or task group templates whose status is set to Active.
- Use the Category and Type fields to filter the list of tasks displayed.
Select a task or task group, and then click Relate.
The task or task group template is now related to the incident template.
(Optional) Click, to change the sequence of the task or task group templates.