Defining cost rates by categories
Cost rates can be defined to category or by assignee group.
To define cost rates by category
- From the Application Administration Console, click the Custom Configuration tab.
- From the Application Settings list, choose Foundation > Costing > Cost Rate Template, and then click Open. The Configure Cost Rate form appears.
- To create a cost rate template, click the New button in a browser.
- In the Company field, select a company, or select Global to apply the cost rate template to all companies.
- Select the required unit rate, unit type, and status.
Optionally, enter the percentage overhead and a description for the cost rate template.Overhead is the additional cost above the standard cost rate. The percentage that you specify is added to the cost that is charged.
- In the Define By field, select Product Category or Operational Category. The application and product or operational tier fields appear.
- Select the application for the cost rate template.
- To specify the categorization, select the product or operational tiers for this cost rate.
- Click Save, and then click Close.