Remedy IT Service Management Suite 20.02
- Remedy IT Service Management Suite 20.02
- BMC Remedy IT Service Management Suite 19.11
- BMC Remedy IT Service Management Suite 19.08
- BMC Remedy IT Service Management Suite 19.02
- Remedy IT Service Management Suite 18.08
- Remedy IT Service Management Suite 18.05
- Remedy IT Service Management Suite 9.1
- Remedy IT Service Management Suite 8.1
Learn what’s new or changed for Remedy IT Service Management Suite 20.02, including new features, urgent issues, documentation updates, and fixes or patches.
The feature enhancements delivered in 19.11 BMC Helix ITSM (SaaS-only) release are also available in the Remedy ITSM 20.02 release.
This section only includes information about changes since the most recent release of Remedy IT Service Management (ITSM) Suite. If you are upgrading from a previous release, review the release notes for all applicable versions of the product. For example, if you are upgrading from version 7.6.04, review the release notes for versions 9.0, 9.1, 18.05, 18.08, 19.02, 19.08, and 19.11.
To stay informed of changes to this space, place a watch on this page.
|February 21, 2020||20.02 enhancements|
Enhancements to Remedy IT Service Management Suite are:
Enhancements to Remedy with Smart IT (Smart IT) are:
Enhancements to Remedy Smart Reporting are:
As an end user, access the Remedy ITSM Suite applications and navigate the interface.
As a developer, customize BMC Helix Remedy and Remedy ITSM Suite.
As an administrator, manage and maintain Remedy ITSM Suite after it is installed and ensure that it is available to end users.
As an administrator, set up integrations with other BMC products or third-party software.
Resolve common issues or errors, review logs, or contact Support.
(On-premises only) Plan an installation or upgrade based on recommended deployment architecture, best practices, sizing, and system requirements.
(On-premises only) Install and perform initial system configuration.
(On-premises only) Upgrade based on the latest system requirements and software.
Frequently asked questions
The documentation for BMC Remedy ITSM Suite is split between multiple spaces, so a space-level search performed in the box in the left navigation pane does not search all the documentation for this release. The following spaces also document this release:
For generating a PDF of a topic and its child topics, see Create PDF and Word exports. Depending on the number of topics included in the export, it might take several minutes to create the PDF. Once the export is complete, you can download the PDF.
Remedy Single Sign-On relies on cookies to enable your users to seamlessly access all integrated applications. As browsers implement changes to their default SameSite attributes, cross-site cookies will not be sent by default. As a result, your users will be prevented from accessing your applications.
To continue to use Remedy Single Sign-On with newer browser versions, you must do the following:
- Use the secure HTTP (https) protocol for all of your applications.
- Upgrade to Remedy Single Sign-On 20.02.
- Set the following configuration options in Remedy Single Sign-On:
Enable Secure Cookie
Use Cross Site Cookie
For instructions, see .
Note: If you subscribe to BMC Helix (SaaS), no action is required. BMC will update your configuration.
Creating PDF and Word exports
You can create a PDF of a page or a set of pages. (Non-English page exports are not supported.) You can also create a Word document of the current page.
To export to PDF or Word
- From the Tools menu in the upper-right, select a format:
- Export to Word to export the current page to Word format
- Export to PDF to export the current page or a set of pages to PDF
- If exporting to PDF, select what you want to export:
- Only this page to export the current page
- This page and its children to export a set of pages
Additional resources from BMC
The following BMC sites provide information outside of the Remedy ITSM Suite documentation that you might find helpful:
- BMC Communities, BMC Remedy community
- BMC Remedy ITSM Suite Support page Remedy IT Service Management Suite Support
- BMC Support Knowledge Base, search filtered by BMC Remedy IT Service Management Suite
- BMC Educational Services, BMC Remedy ITSM Suite learning path
- BMC Global Services, BMC Remedy ITSM offerings
- www.bmc.com, information about BMC Remedy ITSM Suite
Other useful sites
The following site, which is not created or endorsed by BMC, also provides information that you might find helpful:
- The Action Request System discussion list, ARSLIST