Troubleshooting data wizard counts and updates
The amount of time for a count or update depends on the total number of records being checked and on the number of affected records. For example, see the performance benchmarks for modifying records with the data wizard.
An item in the Status window shows as stuck at the Pending status and does not change to Complete, an error might have occurred during the update.
While monitoring the data wizard for a halted count or update
If the count or update is halted or interrupted, firstly check the errors and then follow the procedure to rerun the data wizard action; the count or update is completed on the remaining forms. You can perform a new count instead of rerunning a count. For an update, however, you must perform a rerun.
To check for errors
- DLD:Lock form—Search for a record with FormName01 = DLD:SYS:DataWizAction. If there is such record, it indicates either the process is still running, or a processing error is preventing this record from being deleted after the process has completed.
- CAI Events form—Search for records with App Interface Form = DLD:SYS:DataWizAction. The comments in the Return Message field indicate which error occurred.
- Filter log—Run the filter log to check for any errors.
To rerun the count or update
- Clear the lock that indicates the data wizard is running.
- Open the DLD:Lock form.
- Search for a record where the Form Name01 field is set to DLD:SYS:DataWizAction.
- Delete the record.
- Rerun the count or update.
- On the Data Wizard Console, click View Audit Log.
- Open the audit of the action that was halted or interrupted.
The count or update resumes running from where it was halted or interrupted.