Configuring system performance
Use the following steps to configure the system performance settings on your computer.
To configure system performance
- Press CTRL+ESC on your keyboard to open the Start menu.
The Start menu appears.
- Type S to open the Settings menu, and press Enter.
The submenu options for Settings appears.
- To open the System properties dialog box, type C for Control Panel.
- Press the letter S on your keyboard until your hear the word "system," and then press Enter.
The System properties dialog box appears.
- Press CTRL+TAB until you select the Advanced page.
The Advanced page appears.
- Press ALT+S to activate the Performance Settings button.
The Performance Options dialog box appears.
- On the Visual Effects tab, if the Custom option is selected, make sure that the following properties are unchecked:
- Animate windows when minimizing and maximizing
- Slide open combo boxes
- Smooth-scroll list boxes
- Use visual styles on windows and buttons
- Press Enter to close the Performance Options dialog box.
- Press TAB until you hear "OK", and press Enter to close the System properties dialog box.