Configuring charge-back periods
Charge-back time periods are used to specify the time period for charge-back of asset costs to cost centers or business organizations. Past time periods cannot be changed.
To configure charge-back time periods
- From the Application Administration Console, click the Custom Configuration tab.
- From the Application Settings list, choose Foundation > Charge Back > Chargeback Periods, and then click Open. The Configure Charge-back Time Periods form appears.
- To create a charge-back period, click the New button in a browser.
- In the Company field, select a company.
- In the Time Period Type field, select a time period or Manual.
- If you selected Manual, specify the dates in the Period Start Date and Period End Date fields.
- Click Save, and then click Close.
When you first install BMC Remedy ITSM, you can use this procedure to configure charge-back periods that match your organization's quarterly schedule. For example, if you install BMC Remedy ITSM in the middle of April and your organization's quarter runs from February to April, you can set BMC Remedy ITSM to match that quarterly schedule. First, set the Time Period Type field to Manual and enter an end date that coincides with the end of your organization's current quarter. After that time period is over, close the current period, and then open a new period that is set to Quarterly. Do this only when you first set up charge-back periods at your organization.