BMC Remedy AR System platform leverage
To reduce customization effort and increase value, your design should leverage the functionality provided by the BMC Remedy AR System platform. Applications should be designed to work out of the box, without customization, and with the following features:
- Distributed Server Option (DSO) — Ensure that all form interdependencies are well documented so that it is possible to construct DSO mapping files to support applications distributed across servers. The design should support these files. Ensuring that Field 179 is populated with a unique ID will assist in identifying similar records across multiple servers.
- Row Level Access — Field 112 should be present on most application forms to plan for row-level access support.
- Public Access- — The application design should plan for external-facing applications that will have nonlicensed users accessing them. By ensuring that the Submitter Mode field is set to Locked, the design should enable users to modify their own requests even if they do not have a write license
- Localization — Field 160 should be present on forms that store localized data. See the 118N section for details.
- Email Engine — Use for all inbound and outbound email processing. This access and support should be designed into the application.
- Reporting Interface — If possible, place reports in the BMC Remedy AR System report form and interface.