Working with operational catalogs
Operational categorization information is used for assignment mappings and categorizing incidents, problems, changes, and so on for reporting.
The operational catalog can contain a list of the operational services that a typical help desk provides, such as adding hardware and password resets. It can also contain items that represent symptoms of incidents and problems.
You need Config Categorization Admin or Config Categorization User permission to create operational categories.
Operational categories must be related to a company before they are available on BMC Remedy ITSM forms.
This section describes the operational catalog functions that you can perform:
- What is operational catalog information?
- Creating operational categories (optional)
- Deleting multiple operational catalog records
- Relating a company or application to an operational category
- Setting an operational category to offline