Working with finance rules
Finance rules specify which cost centers to use for automatic costs and the method used for automatically calculating costs.
To create finance rules
- From the Application Administration Console, click the Custom Configuration tab.
- From the Application Settings list, choose Foundation > Costing > Finance Rules, and then click Open. The Configure Finance Rules form is displayed.
Configure Finance Rules form
- Click the New button in a browser to create a finance rule.
You can also create a finance rule from an existing rule. First, click the search icon in the toolbar. Then, enter any search criteria and click Search. Select a finance rule on which to base the new finance rule.
- In the Company field, select a company, or select Global to apply the finance rule to all companies.
- In the Cost Category field, select a cost category for the finance rule. For example, select Training.
- In the Cost Rate Template Use field, select whether to use product categories, organizational categories, or groups to match costs. For example, select Calbro Software.
- In the Actual Cost Calculated By field, select one of the following items:
- Time in WIP adds the actual effort cost log entries to calculate the actual cost.
- Start-Stop Clock uses the value from the start/stop total time.
- Manually Entered uses the value that is manually entered on the Finance tab of BMC Remedy ITSM forms.
- Select a status and modify the description for the finance rule.
- Optionally, select a cost center code for the finance rule.
- Click Save.