Importing out-of-the-box content in BMC Remedy Smart Reporting
Before you begin
- Onboard users in BMC Remedy Smart Reporting.
- To be able to import content to Remedy Smart Reporting, ensure that you are a member of one of the following:
- AR Admin group
Struct Admin group and Smart Reporting Admin group—You must belong to both these groups to be able to import content.
If AR System administrators do not see the Smart Reporting Admin group in BMC Remedy Mid Tier, they must flush the Remedy Mid Tier cache.
For more information about flushing BMC Remedy Mid Tier cache, see 'Flush Cache' in in the BMC Remedy AR System online documentation.
- In multi-company onboarding, to share common content across multiple tenants at the same time, you must be a member of the shared organization. For more information, see Synchronization of common content across multiple tenants and Shared organization.
To import out-of-the-box reporting content
The following procedure is applicable only if you have BMC Remedy IT Service Management installed on the AR System Server.
- Log in to the Remedy Smart Reporting Admin Console as the Remedy Smart Reporting super admin.
From the Services menu, click Import Content.
Note: The Import Content link is also displayed on the customer onboarding confirmation screen.
- Select the customer for whom you want to import the reporting content, and click Next.
- Follow the import content wizard to complete the content import.
- Select the product name and version (current and later versions only) for which you want to import content and click Add.
Repeat this step for each product and version you want to import content for.
Validate your selection and then click Start Import.
- Re-importing data for a version will overwrite the out-of-the-box content. Any data that was modified is lost.
- If you choose the Select All option from the product list, content of the latest version of all listed products is imported.
- The time taken for import depends on the number of products you import data for.
After completion, the process displays the content import result. The import content wizard displays the product names for which the import process has passed or failed. For additional information about any failures, refer to the sr.<timeStamp>.log file. You can fix the issues and re-import the content for the applications for which the import process has failed.