Creating new views in BMC Remedy Smart Reporting for archived forms
BMC Remedy Smart Reporting requires you to create an archive view based on the existing view to be able to see data from archived forms. This topic describes how to look for an archived form, and then create a new view for this archived form.
You can also create a join in the new view you create.
The following video describes how you can create a join in a new view created in Smart Reporting.
Let us take an example of creating an archive view for the BMC Incident Management view.
Make sure you have set the Archive Process Policy for the required forms. For more information about archiving process policies, see Managing the Archiving process policies.
To create a view from archived forms
- Log on to the BMC Remedy Mid-Tier as a Reporting Administrator.
- From the Applications menu, go to Smart Reporting > Smart Reporting console.
- On the Smart Reporting console, go to Browse > Views.
- Click Views, and open the view for which you want to create an archive view.
BMC Incident Management View
- Locate the archived form name for each of the forms within the view using Remedy Developer Studio.
- Open BMC Remedy Development Studio.
- Go to All Objects > Forms.
- Under Filtering Options, enter the name of the form.
- On the Definitions tab, expand Archive. All archive form names are displayed in the Archive Form field.
- From the IT Home Page, go to Applications > Smart Reporting console > Remedy Smart Reporting console.
- Select Administration > Admin Console, and click Export from the Administration menu, and export the view.
A .yfx file is created.
- Unzip the .yfx file.
The unzipped folder has the exported XML file.
- Edit the exported XML file:
- Replace all occurrences of the form names with their corresponding archive form names. For example, replace TMS:Task with TMS:Task_Archive.
- Replace the View Name with the new archive view name. For example, replace Incident Management View with Incident Management Archive view.
- Save the XML file.
- Create a new view by importing the XML file into Remedy Smart Reporting.
This will create an archive view of the current view. To make sure that the archive view has been set up correctly, create a test report using the archive view, and check the report data against the Remedy AR System data.
BMC Incident Management Archive View