Configuring command automation interface
The Command Automation Interface (CAI) is a sub-component that enables you to register applications and create commands for integration with back-office applications. Using a command definition (a type of template) to construct commands by using the parameters sent to it by BMC Remedy ITSM Suite, CAI uses a predefined conduit (for example, a web service, a command line, a URL, and so on) to execute these commands on the external systems. For example, BMC Change Management uses CAI to communicate with the Task Management System (TMS).
For detailed information about using the CAI to register your own back-office applications, see Configuring third-party applications for integration .
This section provides the following information:
- Registering the back-office application in the SHARE-Application_Properties form
- Registering the application with the CAI
- Defining command parameters
- Defining mappings
- Defining CAI plug-in options for BMC ProactiveNet Performance Management integration
- Viewing event commands and command parameters