Adding permissions to all users who require access to Process Designer
All users who need to create, view, or deploy processes must be given one of the following permissions:
- Process Designer Administrator – Can create, modify and deploy processes for all Companies the user has access to. Can also map processes to ITSM fulfilment requests (using the process Designer mapping form)
- Process Designer Sub Admin – Can create processes and modify non-live processes, but cannot deploy processes or map them to fulfilment requests.
Use the CTM:People form in the Application Administrator Console to add these permissions. If a user does not have one of these permissions, they cannot see the Process Designer entries in the Application List, and therefore cannot launch the web client. They also cannot successfully connect with the thick client.
This topic discusses the following information:
To add permissions to all users who require access to Process Designer
- On the Standard Configuration tab of the Application Administration Console, select the correct company.
- Click the Create link next to People.
The People form appears.
- Complete the fields as described in Adding support staff.
- Give the person the appropriate BMC Remedy ITSM application permissions.
- Click Update Permission Groupsand select one of the following permission groups.
- From Permission Group, select Process Designer > Process Designer Administrator.
- From Permission Group, select Process Designer > Process Designer Sub Admin.
- Complete the remaining fields in the CTM:People form.