Working with generic catalog information
The generic catalog lets you create category type selections for fields in BMC Remedy ITSM applications, which vary based on the selection of either product or operational categorization.
For example, you can create a list item called Hardware Failure for the Cause field on the Incident form, and make it available for selection only if the first tier of the product categorization is Hardware.
This section describes what generic catalog information is and which generic catalog functions you can perform.
- What is generic catalog information?
- Creating a generic category
- Creating a resolution categorization from the Generic Catalog Update form
- Setting a generic category to offline
- Relating companies and modules to a generic category