Using advanced qualifications to generate a report
You can manage the scope of a report by adding qualifications to the criteria that the report engine uses to generate the report content. You can tell the report to search only specified fields for particular values, or you can build advanced qualifications by using field names, keywords, and operators.
To generate a report by using advanced qualifications
- From the Navigation pane in the application console, choose Functions > Reports.
- On the Report Console, select one of the options under Show:
- All Reports, which displays all available reports
- Created by me, which displays reports that you created
- Under Category, select applicationName > reportCategory > reportName.
A list of available reports is displayed. Reports are organized by category, some of which contain subcategories. The reports that you see vary according to which applications are installed.
- Select the Show Additional Filter option.
Along with a list of available fields, two sections are displayed-the simple query builder and the advanced query builder. You use the simple query builder to quickly construct a simple query. Alternatively, advanced users can use the advanced query builder to build the query by using BMC Remedy AR System query syntax.
For additional information about the BMC Remedy AR System Report Console, see Reporting on BMC Remedy AR System data.
- Select a field name from the Available Fields list, and click Add next to the advanced query builder. Use the BMC Remedy AR System query syntax to build your qualification.
- Construct your qualification by using the various operators provided by the qualification builder.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 for each field that you want to include in the report.
Select the qualification and press Delete to remove a qualification.
- When you finish defining your advanced qualification, click Run to view the updated report.