Training data for BMC Helix Cognitive Automation
As a system administrator, you can train the cognitive service for the following purposes:
- Enabling the Service Desk Agent to auto categorize tickets:
- While creating incidents, work order, or change requests in BMC Helix ITSM
- While creating tickets in the Smart IT Console
- While creating tickets by using Smart Recorder
- Enabling options for responding to an email from the Business User by:
- Replying with the BMC Digital Workplace (DWP) Catalog link to create service request
- Replying with the knowledge articles to use as a Self Service option
- Applying a ticket template to the incident created by using emails
You can use the Data Qualifier or CSV file as an input source to train the cognitive service.
Using the Data Qualifier input source, the training dataset is generated from the existing data in your system and by applying the qualifications you provide to the system.
the CSV file input source, you need to provide a CSV file to train the cognitive service. The CSV file must contain two columns.Using
Training data guidelines
Understand the following guidelines before generating a training dataset record.
Maximum number of training data records
- You can generate a maximum of 20 training dataset records at a given time.
- An error message is displayed if this limit is exceeded. You must delete an existing dataset record and then create a new record.
Data Qualifier training data
- Data Qualifier is the default training input source.
- Generate training data by using the Data Qualifier if your system has tickets that match the qualification which is used in the out-of-the-box templates, and if your system has a sizeable number of tickets with all possible categorizations.
- If the number of records in the training dataset exceeds 15000, the system selects the most recently modified 15000 records.
CSV file training data
- Use the CSV file to generate data if you have your own set of descriptions and matching categorizations or ticket templates.
- When you provide the CSV file as a training dataset source, ensure that it contains at least 5 records.
- If your CSV file contains more than 15000 records, only the first 15000 records are used by the system to train the cognitive service.
- If the description in the input column of the CSV file contains more than 1024 characters, only the first 1024 characters are used by the system to train the cognitive service.
The cognitive service is not trained incrementally. To train the cognitive service with new tickets entered in the system, you must generate new training dataset for the same record again.
Templates for Data Qualifier training
BMC provides out-of-the-box training dataset templates for each application. The templates have default qualifications based on which the system generates training data. For more information about generating training data by using Data Qualifier, see To generate training data by using Data Qualifier.
For training data, you must use the out-of-the-box templates without customizing them. If you try to customize the templates, the auto-categorization in Remedy with Smart IT fails.
The following table lists the out-of-the-box training data templates provided by BMC for each application.
|Application||Training data template for Categorization||Training data template for ticket templates||Training data template for knowledge articles||Training data template for BMC Digital Workplace Catalog|
|Change Management||Change Template Training Data||Not available||Not available|
|Incident Management||Incident Template Training Data||Incident Knowledge Articles Training Data||Incident-DWP Catalog Training Data|
|Knowledge Management||Not available||Not available||Not available|
|Problem Management||Not available||Not available||Not available|
|Release Management||Not available||Not available||Not available|
Service Request Management
Work Order Template Training Data
|Not available||Not available|
|Task Management System||Not available||Not available||Not available|
CSV file format for training data
In this data type, you need to provide a CSV file to train the cognitive service. You can create a CSV file from the historical data that is available in your system. The CSV file must contain two columns. The records in the CSV file are used as is to train the cognitive service. You must ensure that the description text and the matching categories exist in the system. Ensure that the CSV file does not contain any header row. For more information about generating training data set by using the CSV file, see To generate training data by using CSV file. The following table explains the format of a CSV file:
|Process||First column in CSV file||Second column in CSV file||Sample CSV file|
|For auto-categorization of tickets||Description or keywords or phrases||The categories that match each description|
|For auto-applying ticket template to the tickets that are created using emails sent by users||Description or keywords or phrases|
The instance ID of templates that match each description
Note: the field name for template instance ID might be varies in different applications.
|For responding to users' emails with BMC Digital Workplace service catalog||Summary from users' emails||Links to the relevant BMC Digital Workplace service catalog|
|For responding to users' emails with Remedy Knowledge Articles||Summary and email content from users' emails||Links to the relevant Remedy Knowledge Articles|