Setting up audit reports in BMC Remedy Smart Reporting
Audit reports allow the BMC Remedy Smart Reporting administrators to monitor different types of activities in the BMC Remedy Smart Reporting set up. The activities captured can be broadly classified as:
|Admin reports||Reports about general system and administration information including performance, session, data source, and view usage.|
|Content usage reports||Reports about different types of contents, including reports, dashboards, and storyboards.|
|User access reports|
Reports covering login figures and general user-based information including role and group population.
You must import the audit reports into the BMC Remedy Smart Reporting system to use them. For a complete list of out of the box audit reports, see Out of the box audit dashboards and reports.
To import the audit reports
- Log in to the Smart Reporting console as an siadmin user.
- Select Administration > Import.
- On the import screen, click Browse and locate the Admin Report.xml file on your Smart Reporting system.
- By default, this file is located in the installationDirectory\BMC Software\ARSystem\reporting directory.
- Select the file, and click Next.
- Select one of the following options and click Continue:
- Custom: To import items individually.
- Import All: To import all items.
If you select Custom, either select all items and drag on the right pane, or select individual items and drag on the right pane to import.
- From the Import Items list, select Smart Reporting Repository DB and click .
- Update the connection details, enter the Smart Reporting repository database password that you entered during installation, and test the connection.
From the Import Items list, go to Summary, and click Import.
The audit reports are imported to the Smart Reporting system. To access them, select Browse > Reports, and then select the Audit Reports content category.
Audit reports read data from the reporting repository database. To view the audit reports correctly, perform the additional steps for viewing audit reports.
Additional steps for viewing audit reports
- Access the BMC Remedy Smart Reporting url, and login as the BMC Remedy Smart Reporting superadmin, usually siadmin.
- On the BMC Smart Reporting Console, choose Administration Console > Roles.
- Click on the role that you will update for Smart Reporting users, which need access to Audit reports (e.g. Corporate Writer)
- Look for Data sources and views section.
- Check the checkbox for permission SKIP SCHEMA CHECK
- Save the changes