Promoting application objects by using BMC Remedy Deployment Application
You can use BMC Remedy Deployment Application to promote an application object across development, QA, and production environments. You can promote the application objects provided by BMC such as Incident templates, Task templates, Change templates, and Service Level Targets (SVTs) by adding them to a deployment package.
Also, you can integrate any custom application with an application object and promote the custom application object across environments. For more information about integrating a custom application, see Integrating a custom application with BMC Remedy Deployment Application.
- While staging and promoting the data for application objects on the destination server, the system updates the existing data or creates new data if the data is not found.
- The foundation data is not transferred.
- CIs must be available on the both, source and the destination servers.
- When an application object contains an Incident template, the package includes the Support Group and the CI associations of the Incident template.
- When an application object contains a Change template, the package includes the Support Group and the CI associations of the Change template.
- When an application object contains a Task Template or Task Group Template, the package includes the Task or Task Group template associations.
- When an application object contains a Work Order template, the package includes the Task or Task Group template and the CI associations.
User permissions to promote an application object
You must have the following set of permissions to promote an application object:
|Change configuration or Change Master
|Work Order configuration
|Task template or Task Group template
One of the following permissions
|SLM Config or SLM Manager
A Package Deployer can deploy packages using these application objects. For more information about roles and permissions, see in BMC Remedy AR System online documentation.
List of forms
The following table lists the application objects and the related forms that are migrated by using BMC Remedy Deployment Application:
|Task group templates
|Work Order templates
To migrate application objects
- Prepare the destination server by ensuring that the following items are present on the destination server before importing the application objects. These items are essential for the application objects to function as expected.
- Foundation data — All foundation data must be identical in the source and destination servers.
- Customizations — (If applicable) Reconcile all the customizations before importing the application objects.
- Configuration data —The configuration data populates fulfilment configuration forms that are used in the Application Administration Console. This data must be migrated.
- On the source server, use BMC Remedy Deployment Application and create a package that includes the application objects to be deployed to the destination server.
- On the destination server, use BMC Remedy Deployment Applicaiton to import and deploy the package.
For detailed instructions about migrating the application objects by using BMC Remedy Deployment Application, see in BMC Remedy AR System online documentation.