Notification Engine configurations
The Notification Engine provides a back-end workflow model for defining which notifications should be sent, based on events in a BMC Remedy ITSM application. This section describes the major components and process flow of Remedy ITSM Notification Engine. By understanding how all of the pieces work together, you can intelligently change the default configuration or make any necessary customization to meet your organization's needs.
To improve performance and scalability, the Notification Engine improves group notification processing and processes all notifications asynchronously.
Support staff use the People form to define which notifications they want to receive. Predefined notifications can be turned on or off.
The Notification Engine provides the following primary functions:
- Determines notification recipients (group or individual)
- Specifies the notification text
- Initiates the notification delivery (email or pager)
- Logs the notification details
This section contains the following topics:
- Notification system process control
- Invoking the notification subsystem
- Notification audit
- Notification interface
- System Events and Message Catalog for the Notification Engine
- Additional configuration options
- Disabling notifications
- Additional notification forms
- Configuring default notification preferences
- Notification transaction process
- Notification workflow
- Configuring Notification Engine escalation pools
- BMC Remedy ITSM notification events