Mapping a role
When configuring your installation to use custom views, after you define a role, you must map it to the company that will use it.
To map the role
- From the Application Administration Console, click the Custom Configuration tab.
- From the Foundation list, choose Advanced Options > View Selection Framework - Define Alias, and then click Open. The Define Alias form appears.
- From the Application Name list, select the name of the application for which you are mapping the role.
- From the Role list, select the name of the role that you defined in the preceding procedure.
From the Company list, select the name of the Company for which you are mapping the role.
To deploy a view for use at a company level, you must ensure that all users are given an access restriction record for the company. This can be done from within the People form (as described in Adding a support staff person. By default, a user is given access to the company defined in the Company field of their people profile record. For this function to work, users must have the matching company access restriction permission and not just the Unrestricted Access permission.
- Click Add to save the mapping.